Wednesday, July 8

Two Arrests Made In Carthage Couple's Murder

UPDATE (2:15 p.m.): The two men apprehended have been identified as Matthew Laurin of Springfield and Darin Winans of Japser. From what I can find... Matthew Laurin looks to actually be from Nixa. His record only shows traffic tickets. There is quite a bit on file for Mr. Winans. The Turner Report has the scoop on that angle. KZRG is reporting that Laurin is 19 years old and Winans is 21.

As the blog Crime Scene alerted its readers to this morning, there initially was a report of an arrest in the murders of Robert and Ellen Sheldon. I have just received word that there has apparently been two arrests in this case and that two individuals have been apprehended, one from Carthage and one from Springfield. I can't confirm that information, but it comes from a fairly reliable source.

The Jasper County Sheriff's Department will hold a press conference at 2 p.m. with more details. We will provide you with those as soon as we have them.

UPDATE: Just about as soon as I posted that information, The Joplin Globe confirmed the same information I have.

1 comment:

Kathee Baird said...

Thanks for the shout out, Newsy. Can you explain to me how I can add blogs like yours, Randy Turners and others that I like to my page.


Hope you have a wonderful day...and that you'll get a storm soon to get you excited!

k