Sunday, July 12

Sonia Sotomayor Confirmation Begins Tomorrow

If you are expecting another boring July news day then you are in for a shock tomorrow. The world will be watching (or out swimming or working or sleeping) as the cable news networks bring you wall-to-wall coverage of the hearings of Sonia Sotomayor. The biggest names in cable news will be bringing you all the information live, plus expert analysis from their trusty political commentators.

I have decided that if I get a chance to watch the coverage tomorrow, I will do so on C-SPAN. Why? Because I already know how the cable news networks will cover it: MSNBC will say she is perfect, Fox News will hate her, and CNN will probably try to put an angle on it relating to Michael Jackson since that is the only thing that brings ratings to that network these days.

When I watch on C-SPAN then I can hear what she has to say and make up my own mind about her. I won't need any talking heads to do the thinking for me. It is bad enough we will have some wonderful politicians grandstanding for the cameras. I just want to make fun of them without the help of Chris Matthews, Wolf Blitzer, or Megyn Kelly. Is that too much to ask?

No comments: