Wednesday, February 11

Thank You!

They say that timing is everything. I pulled in the drive a little after 5 today, went and grabbed the mail, and proceeded inside to fix dinner. It was basically the same old mail... a bill here, junk mail there... except for an envelope from the Springfield Business Journal. I almost didn't open it. I assumed it was junk mail, too, but it wasn't.

I opened it up and inside was a letter informing me that I had been nominated to receive the top 40 under 40 honor. I know it sounds cliche, but it is an honor just to be nominated by someone. There are hundreds, even thousands and young people all around Southwest Missouri that are hard working and making a difference in the lives of many. The fact that someone took the time to consider me worthy of this honor is worth as much as the actual award.

So... to whoever nominated me for the Springfield Business Journal's Top 40 Under 40 honor, I really want to say thank you. I am sure that I won't be in that final list, but your confidence in me (whoever you are) has made my day.

No comments: