Tuesday, December 30

The Hazards of Live TV #2,975,895

Okay, there is no way I can ever do this justice without a You Tube video to back me up but here goes anyway. Tonight's TalkBack segment on KSPR News @ 10 asked its viewers the following question: Should women breastfeed in public?

If you have never watched KSPR's TalkBack segment, basically what happens is that the anchors do a story over an issue, share their opinions on it, and then read your responses during their 4:30 and 10 broadcasts.

Tonight's question received many responses. So many that Joe and Christine Daues, the evening anchors, had printed responses to share with the audience that had come in since the beginning of the broadcast. Everything was going fine until Joe read the following line (keep in mind the question is should women be allowed to breastfeed in public): "Only if they are both out..." followed by a pause, a deer in the headlights look, followed by "Oh, that is a bad one." He then quickly tossed the paper out of the pile.

Let's just say that while the KSPR Newsteam held it together fairly well after the incident, you could tell that it was difficult for them to do so. I, however, am still laughing about it. Joe... we're sorry that we are laughing at your expense. Just another hazard of live tv my friends...

2 comments:

d dog said...

okay- I'm not sure about the deer in the headlights look... maybe an more like an OUCH from my wife's kick under the desk.
Yes it happened... and I should you tube it just to share the laugh.
Glad you're watching... the download we do is unique in local television news...NOBODY ELSE DOES IT.
And you never know what people are going to say, as I learned yesterday.
LOVE THE BLOG!
Joe Daues, KSPR

Rottlady of the Ozarks said...

Ha! I saw that look and I believe she kicked him...