Saturday, October 4

OJ Verdict - Guilty!

Late yesterday evening, the jury found OJ Simpson and his friend guilty on several counts of wrongdoing. Among them were the charges of kidnapping and armed robbery. This ultimately could lead to OJ spending the rest of his life behind bars.

The ironic twist to this story is that 13 years ago on that same day, the world gasped as the jury found Mr. Simpson not guilty of the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman. I don't remember much about the trial, except for some of the lawyers, the glove line, and the verdict. I was in 8th grade at the time. Therefore, I can't pass judgment on that original trial's verdict.

What I can say is that things usually have a way of working out and that people who do wrong end up getting their just desserts (although not always exactly when we think they should).

Through all of the media coverage there is one thing being left out. There are some people who really are the biggest losers in all of this. That is the children of Nicole and OJ. Now they have lost their mother and their father. I hope they have a tight knit set of relatives and friends to lean on. I know I would need them.

2 comments:

DONNA said...

Yes, I believe in the old saying, "what comes around, goes around".
It will be interesting to see if this holds true for Drew Peterson as well.

ng2000 said...

Valuable resource of oj simpson news summaries.