Saturday, October 25

Gas for $1.99

Wow! According to Gas Buddy, prices for regular unleaded gas in some parts of SW Missouri are down to $1.99 a gallon. It has been such a long time since that has happened (or at least it seems that way to me). I remember right after 9/11 that gas spiked to $1.76 and we thought it was expensive. Earlier this year my friends and I were discussing the fact that we would likely never see gas below $2.00 a gallon again. Guess we were wrong.

I don't really know what the point of my post here is, but I just really wanted to comment on the price drop.

Nice side note... a student of mine calculated that if the price continued to drop at the same rate over the next 4 weeks that it has dropped the past 4, we would be paying around $.75 a gallon. I doubt that will happen. In the meantime, treasure the lack of green it takes to fill up!

No comments: