Wednesday, April 15

Spotterific

Last night I attended a storm spotter training class in Nixa presented by the National Weather Service. It was a great presentation and though I had been to one in the past, this one was much more detailed. I walked away feeling very knowledgeable about how to safely spot storms. Spotting in SW Missouri is a difficult job because of the terrain, which makes it hard to see things until they are right upon you.

I want to thank the NWS for putting on these classes and I am certainly glad that I attended. Hopefully we won't have to deal with any major storms around here soon, but if we do, I feel safer knowing that there are many people who live in the Ozarks that have the spotter training needed to safely help others know what potential bad weather is coming their way!

No comments: