Monday, November 2

Local University President To Resign

No, it isn't Bruce Speck. On the same day as MSSU announces its no confidence vote in its president, Missouri State University's president Mike Nietzel has announced that he will be leaving in December 2010.

In a press release this afternoon, Nietzel stated, "I told the Board that I would be willing to remain in my position until Dec. 31, 2010, in order to give the university a good opportunity to conduct a thorough, national search for the next president. However, I am also prepared to step down as soon as the Board finalizes its search and the next president is ready to begin the position. I have asked the Board to begin its search process in as timely a manner as possible."


The departure from the position appears to be personal and not for a position somewhere else. His wife has been ill for some time.

No comments: